• RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Sharing is knowledge

Share |

Monday, March 21, 2011

As Spring prepares to sing!

Posted by RITA MAJUMDAR (Rita Chowdhury) On 2:34 PM 6 comments

As Spring waits patiently outside to burst in to my living room, I am reminded of the warm happy days gone-by. As the fleet of Geese swing across the moody sky, I am reminded of the days when I swung across the room in glory as I read the love notes. As the sparrows chirp across my deck, I am reminded of the days I would endlessly chirp away in to the digital desk. As the trees prepare to adorn new colors, I am reminded of the endless but colorful trials at the boutique shops - shimmering diamonds and the yellow metals made me go weak in the knees, they draped me red, yellow, purple, blue and every color in the gorgeous rainbow. It was spring without a doubt!

They say with money comes independence and independent I was. They also say independence brings the power to make decision of one’s own life and thus I did - ‘No time for marriage’, I had declared. Skipped a city if I was bored of it and hopped to another if she allured me enough. In other words, I lived a very carefree life which encircled work, travels and friends until ‘Life’ happened to me.

Entry of ‘Life’ into my otherwise spinning world happened at an unexpected juncture. It surprised me at one time and amused me in another - I pinched and punched just to be sure if he was real. Every time I pinched ‘Life’ I would squeak and as I would take on to punch him another time, I was embraced by his warm arms. One led to the other and thus began the most beautiful sonnet of my life.

“It is a learning that I procured, marriage cannot happen if it is forced upon. It happens when you want it to happen”.

Probably, I am the nth woman on this blooming globe declaring the same sentiment but strange are the laws of nature before we know, we find ourselves standing at the aisle with gleaming beady eyes and a flashing smile. Till then, we keep twisting and turning like a spool of wool.


6 comments:

Post a Comment