• RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Sharing is knowledge

Share |

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Sweet potatoes for babies

Posted by RITA MAJUMDAR (Rita Chowdhury) On 11:04 AM No comments


It's so strange that its just been 6 months since I had our first baby boy and I am already starting to forget what I did during my pregnancy and during the first 2 months post delivery. It feels more like a distant dream! Before I forget anymore I thought I should make quick entries of whatever knowledge I have gathered over last few months. Makes sense right? 

At the moment it's all about solid food for me and my little peanut. It's just been a week that I started solids with him and what a fun journey it has been. Never thought a messy tray, a sticky face (make that two sticky face) and a gooey little hands could bring so much joy!!! 
Honestly, I was a little worried coupled with the fact that I was excited too. I was worried if I will be able to teach him how to eat? Will he eat solids at all? Will he poop well? What if he was allergic? How should I deal with an allergic reaction? Now, I feel that being worried is a good sign and it has helped me prepare myself for the worst scenario. 
I started with sweet potatoes. Most babies love them. 
Step 1. I washed the vegetable
Step2. Peeled the skin 
Step 3. Cut the sweet potatoes into pieces
Step 4. Steamed it for until it was soft 
Step 5. Made a purée of it by grinding it in my baby bullet. 

Additionally, you can use water/breast milk/ formula to thin out the sweet potato mix further! 

What I usually do: every time I feed him, I let him have the last 2 spoon all by himself. Arjun is teething right now and has a habit to chew on every object that he finds in front of him. Thus I smear the spoon with whatever little food is left n let him chew on it. It works for me! May be you could try too. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment